CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

WHY DID YOU NAME ME THAT?

I read on a few people's blogs about why they chose their child's name. I didn't do the link up that some of the other's did, but it's always fun to talk about baby names.... **NO WE ARE NOT PREGNANT**

Our first bundle of joy came to us in June of 2006. We chose the name Tegan from my name and Terrel's name. We took the TE from his name and the GAN from my name and formed Tegan. We had never heard the name when we decided to name her that, but then I started to hear it more and more. It's still not too popular of a name, but every now and then someone will say, ohhh my niece or grandaughter is named that....usually the spelling is different but again every once in a while the spelling will be the same. Her middle name is Brook, which is my middle name also. We never had any other names picked out for her...this was the one. If she was going to be a boy...I liked Jackson, Parker, & Landon

Carley was born in September 2008. We decided on her name one day while I was looking in the baby name book and found it.... I would sit at home with Tegan and look through the baby name book then email Terrel at work with the names I found that I like...he always said NO for every name I would pick out and would have some crazy reason...but then one day he was looking back at some names and said what about Carley and I told him I had picked that name several weeks ago and emailed you about it and you had said No.... but we decided together that we liked Carley. Her midddle name is Jordan after my great-grandmother...it was her last name. Other names I liked when I was pregnant with Carley were--- Avery, McKay, Conner, and Braelynn--- I know there are more but these are just a few.

We're so grateful for our two little girls that we have and hope to one day have at least one other little one join our family.

No comments: